With markets throughout the world changing and technology enabling people to engage in new ways of doing business, there are many new ideas circulating about what might and might not work regarding the proper use of office spaces. In some cases, an office space is simply not needed, as all or most of the activities required can be done remotely or online.
So, would it be possible to just use a basic storage unit as your headquarters? Keeping an office inside an actual storage unit might sound like a crazy idea, but in many cases, it really does work!
Why Storage Containers Are so Good for Business
A storage unit is basically a closed area where you can keep just about anything you want – within reason – under lock and key. Somewhat like a “closet away from home,” your storage unit is meant to offer additional space to help with moving to a new house, storing items that would otherwise clutter your home, or storing vehicles equipment and various items that you don’t tend to use in certain seasons or times of the year.
Storage units are a popular option for storing office supplies and things you need for your business as well. So, in theory, you can also use your storage unit for work, by organizing an actual office, setting up a computer and various other equipment, and even managing production and delivery tasks in a place where you can have all the freedom you want.
The Benefits of Setting Up Your Office in a Storage Unit
What makes storage units good for business is a number of different assets that you have to keep into consideration:
- Storage units are secluded and relatively peaceful. You can work without getting disturbed, which is more than what you can say about your home office.
- The best storage Killeen TX compartments are fitted with climate control, so you don’t have to feel too warm or cold while you work in your makeshift office.
- As you probably know already, the amount you’d have to pay to rent a storage unit is much lower than what you might need to cover to rent an office space.
- Storage units are smaller and easier to manage. If you have to relocate, you won’t be wasting too much time.
- There’s also the matter of storage units being available in a variety of shapes and sizes. If you need to expand your business, you can always rent a larger one and get everything sorted out in just a few hours.
What Businesses Work Best?
Depending on what you want to do as part of your business, storage units can be more or less efficient. Of course, you won’t be able to fit a regular office in there, with lots of cubicles, ergonomic chairs and large filing cabinets. But you can fit a desk, a computer and filming equipment to film videos for your video marketing business.
Another great business idea that can work from a storage unit is buying and selling various wares. As they arrive, you can simply store them in the storage container, where they are in fact safest, and then sell and deliver them to their next destination while enjoying a handsome profit.